Terms and Conditions of Reservation
By completing a Reservation, Guest agrees to be bound by and accepts the Terms and Conditions stated herein, and as may be amended from time to time. Any modifications and amendments shall have the same force and effect as those contained herein. Failure to accept High Seas Rally Terms and Conditions of Reservation in the time frame and manner determined by High Seas Rally entitles High Seas Rally to cancel Guest’s reservation without a refund.
Acceptance of the Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract of Reservation Issued by Royal Caribbean Group: Upon completion of either the Royal Caribbean Group Online Check-In Procedure or upon completion of such check-in procedure at the cruise terminal, Guest expressly agrees to be bound by and accepts the Terms and Conditions of Reservation of Royal Caribbean Group described in its Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract. Failure to accept Royal Caribbean Group Terms and Conditions of Reservation in the time frame and manner determined by Royal Caribbean Group entitles Royal Caribbean Group to cancel Guest’s reservation without a refund.
Conflict Between Terms and Conditions of Reservations Issued by High Seas Rally and Royal Caribbean Group: Please note that the payment dates, reservation policies, cancellation policies, and reservation changes in the event of a conflict, High Seas Rally Terms and Conditions at the time of purchase supersede Royal Caribbean Group Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract Terms and Conditions.
Changes and Modifications to Terms and Conditions of Reservation: High Seas Rally and Royal Caribbean Group Cruise/Cruisetour Ticket Contract are subject to change at any time. Such modifications and changes shall have the full force and effect as a term and condition issued at the time of Reservation or completion of registration as applicable.
Stateroom Prices: Stateroom Prices are based upon double occupancy unless a particular stateroom is designated as a “Single.” Stateroom Prices include all the amenities, accommodations, and services outlined in the Stateroom Description for the category of stateroom Guest selects (https://highseasrally.com/the-ship/cabins/), and the shows and onboard events produced by High Seas Rally. Stateroom Prices do not include airfare, ground transportation, onboard purchases of goods and services (including, but not limited to various beverages, spa services, gifts, specialty dining or any such goods and services for which the Cruise Line customarily charges a separate fee), medical expenses, shore excursions, and “Port Charges, Taxes & Gratuities” (see below). There is an additional charge for 3rd and 4th Guests in a Stateroom. The Stateroom Price for 3rd and 4th Guests have the same inclusions and exclusions as stated above.
Port Charges, Taxes & Gratuities: Each Guest is required to pay port charges, government taxes and fees, and onboard service gratuities for shipboard staff, in the amount of $350 per person ($400 per person for Suites) for High Seas Rally, in addition to the price of the Stateroom.
Payment Obligations Upon Completion of Reservation: Upon completion of a Reservation, Guest is obligated to pay the Stateroom Price and Port Charges, Taxes & Gratuities based on the full occupancy set forth in the Reservation, in addition to any additional purchases from High Seas Rally.
Obligations of the Primary Guest: If the Reservation is shared by more than one Guest, the Primary Guest shall have full financial responsibility for the Reservation.
The Guest making the Reservation is considered the “Primary Guest” and is the “owner” of the Reservation. The Primary Guest will receive all communication from Entertainment Cruise Productions, is responsible for selecting the stateroom at the time of the Reservation, and for ensuring all payments are made in a timely manner. Any change or modification to the Reservation must be initiated by the Primary Guest, and it is the obligation of the Primary Guest to convey such changes and modifications to the other Guests on the Reservation.
Payment Plan Options: High Seas Rally offers Guests several Payment Plan options for the payment of the Stateroom Price and Port Charges, Taxes & Gratuities. By choosing a Payment Plan, Guest authorizes High Seas Rally to charge Guest’s Credit Card or other method of payment in accordance with the payment schedule of the selected Payment Plan.
Method of Payment: If paying by credit card, Guest’s account will be charged on the scheduled payment dates, and Guest’s statement will reflect a charge from “Entertainment Cruise Productions.” If paying by check, please make checks payable to High Seas Rally. To make payments with PayPal, Guests should log into their Reservation online and manually process each payment when due. Guests wishing to change their method of payment should contact High Seas Rally at least two business days prior to the scheduled payment date by calling 844.279.8460.
Currency: Unless otherwise noted, all prices on the website and any fees associated with the Cruise are quoted in United States Dollars (“USD”), and all payments to High Seas Rally will be charged in USD. International Guests may incur additional fees assessed by their bank or credit card processor.
Credit Cards/Cancellation Fees: High Seas Rally reserves the right to charge additional fees for returned payments, delinquent payments, missed payments, canceled cards, chargebacks, credit card changes, invalid credit cards, and cancellations as a result of a Guest’s failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Non-Refundable Payments – Refund Events: Except as set forth in this section, all Stateroom Price and Port Charges, Taxes & Gratuities payments made to date or paid in the future are non-refundable. Payments are refundable only when a “Refund Event“ occurs, and when a guest elects to participate in that Refund Event program. The occurrence of one or more of the following are considered Refund Events (“Refund Events”):
- If Royal Caribbean Group or High Seas Rally cancels or reschedules the cruise, Guests may elect to continue their Reservation with the rescheduled cruise without any increase in Stateroom Price or Port Charges, Taxes & Gratuities that were to have been available to them if the cancelled or rescheduled cruise had sailed.
- If through no fault of their own, Guest is prevented from travelling to the port of embarkation by governmental travel restrictions, a credit toward the 2024 sailing will be given if proper documentation is submitted with the request.
Health Restrictions: Guest agrees to comply with any and all health restrictions imposed by Royal Caribbean Group, High Seas Rally, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or any other governmental agency or body with jurisdiction over this Cruise Program. Guest is responsible for providing all information requested and for clearing any pre-cruise health, safety or travel requirements or limitations, regardless of when issued or applied. Denial of boarding due to failure to adhere to the above is not a Refund Event.
Right to Modify or Cancel Cruise:
- Right to Modify Cruise: High Seas Rally and/or Royal Caribbean may modify itineraries and schedules, change onboard entertainers and schedules, modify amenities, limit access to onboard venues, deny boarding, and/or delay or change departures or arrivals without any further obligation to Guest, and any such change or modification shall not be a Refund Event.
- Right to Cancel a Reservation, Deny Boarding, Removal From Ship: High Seas Rally reserves the right to cancel a Reservation at any time in its sole discretion, and/or to deny boarding or refuse service to any person, or remove Guest from the ship who does not adhere to safety, security and appropriate guest conduct guidelines and doing so shall not be considered a Refund Event.
- Right to Cancel Cruise: High Seas Rally and or Royal Caribbean reserves the right to cancel the cruise for any reason. Such cancellation shall be a Refund Event (see, Non-Refundable Payments – Refund Events)
Travel Insurance/Trip Protection:
- Purchase of Travel Insurance/Trip Protection is Strongly Encouraged: As all Stateroom Price and Pass-Through Charge payments to High Seas Rally are non-refundable, Guests are strongly encouraged to purchase Travel Insurance/Trip Protection, which can insure against many, but not all, of the causes of forfeiture of payments. Travel Insurance/Trip Protection may be purchased directly through various outlets and companies.
- Timing of Travel Insurance Purchase: It is recommended a Guest who wishes to purchase Travel Insurance/Trip Protection through any insurance provider or agent do so at the time of completing their Reservation, as certain benefits are time sensitive, including Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) and coverage for pre-existing conditions. Though insurance may be purchased up to 48 hours prior to sailing, to secure the broadest coverage, Travel Insurance/Trip Protection must be purchased within 14 days of a Guest’s first payment.
- Travel Guard: Please note that the sale of Travel Insurance/Trip Protection through Entertainment Cruise Productions for High Seas Rally is administered by Travel Guard. Their travel insurance contract is subject to additional terms and conditions related to Travel Guard policies and the conditions set forth therein, which are accessible on High Seas Rally Guests can contact Travel Guard at 1.800.826.1300. (Note: Entertainment Cruise Productions offers Travel Insurance through Travel Guard, but insurance may also be available through other insurance providers and may be purchased directly by Guest. Rates and coverage vary by provider.)
Name Changes: Complimentary name changes and Guest additions will be accepted until 120 days prior to the cruise. Name changes made to a Reservation less than 120 days prior to sailing will be assessed a $150 administrative fee per change. At least one original and/or Primary Guest name must remain on the Reservation. If all original Guests cancel, this is considered a full cancellation without a refund, and name changes will not be allowed.
Transfer of Reservation: Guest may transfer their Reservation for a one-time, non-refundable transfer fee of $500. The replacement Guest(s) is subject to the Stateroom Prices and Pass-Through Charges in effect on the day of transfer. The transfer of a Reservation does not entitle the transferee(s) to any past guest, military or other discounts/offers from original Reservation. Please note: High Seas Rally does not condone or promote the selling and/or transferring of staterooms for personal financial gain.
Valid Identification/Passports and Visas:
- S. Citizens:U.S. Citizens are strongly urged to travel with a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity remaining after the final day of the cruise. Currently, for voyages that begin and end in the same U.S. Port, U.S. Citizens may travel without a passport but may do so only if they present both a Government-issued birth certificate and Government-issued Picture ID card, such as a driver’s license.
- Non-U.S. Citizens:All Non-U.S. Citizens must present a valid passport to board the ship. Though not required Non-U.S. Citizens are urged to travel with a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity remaining after the final day of the cruise. Depending upon citizenship and the passport governing travel, Guests may need to apply for and secure a visa to enter various ports of call.
- Change in Applicable Rules:The above government regulations and policies are subject to change without notice.
- Responsibility of Guests: The Guest is responsible for identifying and obtaining all required travel documents and have them available at the terminal or wherever necessary during the entire cruise vacation, as travel documents such as passports, visas, inoculation certificate and family legal documents are required for boarding and re-entry into the United States and other countries.
- Denial of Boarding: If a Guest does not possess the proper documentation, the Guest may be prevented from boarding a flight or ship, from entering a country, and may be subject to fines. Neither failure to provide proper and required documentation or being denied boarding for any reason whatsoever are Refund Events.
Photography and Video Policy: Video or audio recording, filming, or the taking of photographs may occur on High Seas Rally and are owned by High Seas Rally and may be, licensed, assigned, or distributed nationwide and worldwide by High Seas Rally, their affiliates, and assignees. By acknowledging the Terms and Conditions of Reservation of High Seas Rally at the time of completing a Reservation, Guest allows, and expressly authorizes High Seas Rally, its affiliates, and assignees the of Guest’s likeness, and/or appearance and voice on any film or video format now known or hereinafter developed in any manner whatsoever. Guest will not receive any compensation for such use and waives any right to bring any action in law or equity against High Seas Rally, its affiliates, and assignees for such use.
Age Restrictions: Guests must be 21 years of age or older on the date the ship embarks.
Cruise Information Updates: The information provided herein is valid as of this date and is likely to change or be modified prior to sailing. When completing this Reservation, Guest agrees to periodically visit the web site (https://highseasrally.com) to learn about any cruise updates, special programs, or other features, and to carefully read and review any updates sent to Guest by High Seas Rally.
Limitation of Liability:
- Not Responsible for Acts of Third Parties: High Seas Rally its affiliates, parent companies, employees, shareholders, officers, and directors (collectively “High Seas Rally”) does not own the ship or operate any entity that provides goods or services for your trip, including, for example, lodging facilities, transportation companies, local ground operators, guides, sightseeing companies, entertainment, food or drink service providers, equipment suppliers, etc. As a result, Guest agrees High Seas Rally is not responsible for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any person or entity, nor is High Seas Rally responsible for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any person or entity it does not own or control, nor for any act or inaction of any other third party not under its control.
- Not Responsible for Guest Inability to Board Ship: Guest is responsible for arriving at the embarkation location in a timely manner and with all the documentation required for sailing. High Seas Rally is not responsible for any loss, damages, costs, or expenses that Guest may incur for Guest’s inability to board the ship.
- Force Majeure: High Seas Rally shall not be liable for any loss or damage as a result of causes of any kind beyond the reasonable control of High Seas Rally (a “Force Majeure Event”), including but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs, stoppages of work or other labor difficulties, insurrection, riots, war, changes in laws and regulations and other acts or demands of civil, political or military authorities, freight embargoes, shipping restrictions, air travel delays or cancellations, car or truck shortages, inclement weather, accidents, fire, explosion, flood or unavoidable casualties, pandemics, epidemics, quarantine restrictions, etc.
- Limitation of Liability in the Event of Cruise Cancellation: As stated above, the cancellation of High Seas Rally is a Refund Event. As such, Guest may elect to participate in the applicable Refund Program. High Seas Rally’s obligation to Guest is limited to the repayment of amounts paid to High Seas Rally for the Stateroom Price, Pass-Through Charges and any additional purchases made directly with High Seas Rally. Guest shall not seek, nor shall Royal Caribbean Group be liable for, any losses or damages incurred by Guest, whether indirect, incidental, special, or consequential, including but not limited to attorney fees.